Volunteer Society Nepal is a non-government organization and is always working hard to raise funds, through various activities and fundraisers, and trying to coordinate programs with like-minded organizations. Thus, we charge our volunteers a nominal amount for raising funds needed to carry out all of our projects. But VSN keeps cost as low as possible, a difficult task in itself. VSN volunteering programs are absolutely the most affordable in Nepal. The volunteering period can be arranged from 1 week to 5 months. Certain programs follow a stricter schedule and include a good deal of traveling, trekking, and other activities.
To convert these prices to your local currency click here.
- Food and accommodation from the moment of landing at the airport to the final day of your placement
- In depth cultural and language training
- Guided sightseeing in Kathmandu
- Arranged transfers to and from your placement
- Fully trained host families
- 24hr availability of VSN Nepal staff for emergencies
- Assistance with visas and pre-departure support
- Fundraising support
- Airport collection and drop off
- Support in booking any further travel in Nepal
The lower overheads then means more of your money goes to:
- Running a charitable school for 800 students
- Operating Women’s Development program
- Operating Health clinics
- Supporting schools with supplies
- Supporting orphanages
- Supporting the School for Mentally & Physically Disabled Children and Young Adults
- Building much needed facilities
- Scholarships for low income students
- Saving for upcoming VSN Nepal programs
This cost does not include the following:
- Visa fee
- Travel insurance
- Sundries such as personal items, extra beverages and entertainment (approx. €30/week)
- International and domestic flight costs
- Transportation costs for the volunteers who want to work outside the Kathmandu valley
- Entrance fees to the main cultural and Heritage sites total approximately €50 (Entry Fees to Heritage Sites, Museums and Others).
- Interns who are going to work at the hospitals will have to pay USD 50 -100 per week depending on the hospitals.